Top 30 Bands Not to Miss at Iceland Airwaves ’15
Iceland Airwaves goes November 4-8 and I made my own list of bands to check out:
You’ll find that this is a list mixing Icelandic bands and international acts. I’ve only seen a handful but spent a few days listening to all that I could find through Spotify and Grape Vine. While working CityFolk I ran into the bass player from Of Monsters and Men in line for the smoothie bar (of all places) and he told me to not try to see everything during the festival, so let’s see how that works out!
- Father John Misty (US- this man has more rock star swagger than 98% of the bands I see in a year)
- Just Another Snake Cult- weird, psych stuff
- Operators (saw their first show at Silver Dollar, holla, ex-Wolf Parade!)
- BRNS (BE)
- Dream Wife (UK)- super Blondie-like
- Hide Your Kids
- Reykjavikurdaetur (20 + female Icelandic feminist rap collective)
- Junius Meyvant
- Vok ** super stoked
- Agent Fresco (Iceland’s current OMAM)
- French for Rabbits (NZ)
- Dad Rocks (DK)
- Tuff Love – fuzz music
- LoneLady (UK)- really excited to see this pop-diva
- John Grant and Icelandic Symphony Orchestra
- LA Priest (UK)
- Bo Ningen (JP)
- Tanya Tagac (CA)- playing on my birthday!
- Verite (UK)
- Chastity Belt (US)- still the best promotional photo I’ve seen in a long time.
- FM Belfast- supposed to be an amazing dance party
- Ariel Pink (US) – caught a ridiculously entertaining show at Time Fest in TO in the summer where the singer flashed his balls to everyone around him. Here’s hoping he wears pants on stage.
- Weaves (CA)- Toronto-pride!
- Beach House (US)
- OBGMs (CA)- saw them at Osheaga and subsequently the only mosh pit at Osheaga
- Lord Pusswhip
Be sure to follow me on Twitter @urockred and Instagram @urockred while there! #airwaves15
I’m also super excited to see the off-venue shows KEXP Seattle is doing at the KEX Hostel.